Wednesday, February 17, 2010

High Altitude Inspiration

Greetings for the mile high city of Denver, Colorado!

As some of you already know, I'm spending part of this week at the ACA (American Camp Association) National Conference in Denver, Colorado. I've always enjoyed camp conferences, just as much for the networking as for the learning.

As someone that spends quite a bit of time travelling around the country, I always look for ideas to take back home with me. I think that's one of my favorite things about camp conferences...where else can you gather with 1,000 other camp directors to share ideas about the wonderful experience of summer camp? To be totally honest, it is through these collaborations that we're able to bring new and exciting ideas to Camp Kanata each year.

So, you may be asking yourself, "Just what ideas has Forrest picked up in Denver?" Well, it would spoil the surprise if I told you right now! But rest easy, we will always try to bring new ideas to camp each summer while hanging onto the traditions that help define our culture.

So, my question to you is this. For those of you that grew up at Camp Kanata, what made it special for you? And, more importantly, what can we do to enhance that experience? I'm always open to hearing suggestions, and you can feel free to send them directly to me at forrest.perry@campkanata.org It could be a cool new game, a wacky new song, or a new activity that you learned from your friends.

I look forward to hearing your ideas. And more importantly, I look forward to seeing you this summer!

In the Kanata spirit,

Forrest Perry
Executive Director, Camp Kanata

No comments: