Saturday, January 17, 2009

On the road for Kanata

I am at the Y Guides & Princesses Winter Inning today and I have a Kanata information table set up as a way to promote our summer programs. Almost all of the dads and their kids I see today have been to Kanata for there kick off campfire every year. As I stand beside my table and the camp dvd plays in the background I run into two types of children. The first type are the kids who have never been to Kanata before and they are in a trance watching all the fun things we do at camp as the dvd plays. The second type are the kids who have been to Kanata in the summer and they love the fun things we do, but they don't care about the dvd they want to talk about their counselor and their friends and see if they are coming back.

Kanata is a great place with some great activities, but what makes it magical and impactful are the friendships. We hope to see you at Kanata this summer and I bet you come home with some great new friends. See you this summer.

Your Camp Director,

Dave

No comments: