Monday, February 23, 2009

What a great life I have...

I have to admit that I might have the best job in the entire world (Zach Friesen our Operations Director might argue that point). A big part of the greatness of my job are the people I get to work with everyday. I spent a major part of today walking around camp with Zach (Operations Director) and Jen (Program Director) talking about changes we are making to several areas of camp. It was great to dream about repurposing our blacktop area beside the pool into a sand volleyball court and full basketball court. It was great to discuss the potential for a mountain biking program (summer 2010) and the "bike playground" we are going to build beside the office.  We also talked through potential changes at the gym including a new surface for the court, a permanent sound system to use for dances and other programs and bleachers instead of our old benches.

It is great to work at a place where if an idea enters your mind you get to bounce these ideas off of creative, intelligent, get it done people to see if you can make it a reality.  I think one of the great things we do every year is plan the new "wow" for the coming summer.  The last few years have brought our event field, pool and alpine tower.  I am excited about what we will be able to accomplish before the first day of summer 2009!  

Look forward to seeing you guys this summer.

Your Camp Director,

Dave


No comments: