Thursday, February 26, 2009

Camp Builds Kids' Confidence and Independence

I frequently hear parents say something like . . . "My child says they are ready to go to camp but I'm not ready for them to go to camp." As a parent myself, I would encourage parents to send their child to camp, especially if they say they are ready. The camp experience is perfect for building kids' confidence and independence. Kids learn so many valuable skills at camp . . . how to make friends, how to do different activities such as archery, riflery and so much more.

It's difficult to trust others to take care of your children but rest assured at Kanata many, many safety procedures are in place to prevent any mishaps. You'll be amazed at how your child will grow emotionally and mentally in just six days and the effects will last so much longer than that. Summer camp is one of the best investments you can make each year in your child's life. Give them the opportunity to build some of the best memories they will ever have. I hope to see you here at Kanata this summer!

Have a FUN day!

Eva Hobson
Director of Adminstration
eva.hobson@campkanata.org

No comments: