Monday, March 2, 2009

I live in the south for a reason...

Let me be clear that I choose to live in the south for a reason.  I grew up on the coast of southern Virginia (Hampton Roads area) and I was basically there because that is where my parents decided to settle as a family.  As I became an adult and realized I could live pretty much anywhere I want it was a no-brainer.  I will live in the south for basically one reason...I don't like cold weather!  My love for the southern part of our country has been difficult with this winter because it has been very cold.  As I am writing this I am looking out my window on over 3 inches of snow laying in my front yard and temperatures hovering in the low 20's.  

This snow and rain over the last few days has put a big dent in my plans.  I love being outside and I have Sunday road bike group rides every week that have been affected by the snow, cold weather and rain.  This cold weather and rain has also had an affect on my ability to get outside and go for a run.  I am basically suffering from a major case of "cabin fever" and want the weather to warm up so I can get outside.  

I guess I will compromise, bundle up and do what I normally do on snow days.  My wife (Jennifer) and I will load our 3 dogs (yes, 3 dogs) Callie, Jasper and Parker in our vehicle and drive them out to Kanata and let them play in the snow.  I will be cold and miserable, but I will have a happy wife and 3 very, very happy dogs!

Hope it warms up soon.

See you this summer.

Your Camp Director,

Dave

No comments: