Friday, March 27, 2009

Camper Scholarships at Camp Kanata

Something very important we offer at Camp Kanata is scholarship money for children whose family would otherwise be unable to afford for them to come to camp. If you or your children have ever been to camp, you know what a huge impact summer camp has on your life forever.

Here are quotes from some of our scholarship campers last year:

Edgar – 11 years old
I learned that it does not matter where you come from, you are at home at Camp Kanata. Camp Kanata is a great place to meet new friends. You can learn a lot about life.

Jessica – 8 years old
There are a lot of bugs at camp. So if you mess with them they will mess with you. I liked the counselors--they are awesome! And sand castle building is really cool. Some people say it's hard but it’s really easy to me! I have made a lot of cool friends. My mom is gonna be so proud of me and you guys too because you kept me safe! I had so much fun. Camp Kanata is the best. I LOVE YOU!

Ryan – 9 years old
I liked the lake and the fun counselors. It’s the best place in the world and everybody is so nice and I think that I will come back again and again because it’s so fun. Thank you Camp Kanata!

Every year we raise money through our We Build People campaign to send kids like these to camp. Please contact us if you can help: give money and/or volunteer to raise money. Thanks for your consideration!

Eva Hobson
Director of Administration
eva.hobson@campkanata.org

No comments: