Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Using Social Media to Connect to Camp

So this year we have put a great deal of effort into using social media to help connect to participants, parents, alumni and volunteers. We started using Twitter (www.twitter.com/campkanata) this summer as a way to stay connected to parents during the week. It is a micro blogging site that lets us put updates (less than 140 characters) and pictures so people can see and hear what is happening at camp.

Sometimes new technology can be scary to work with, but we looked at it as a great opportunity to use this technology to let parents know what their children are doing at camp. We hope you like the service (its free) and maybe you will become addicted to it like me and start finding other people to follow.

Just so you know we are are having a great time at camp and hope to see you soon.

Your Camp Director,

Dave

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

Hi Camp Kanata. This is Jasmin. I just got back from camp today and it was amazing. This is my 6th year coming to Camp Kanata and once again, I had a wonderful time. I was in cabin 16 in Hilton. My first year as an Angel and my counslers, Moe and Zoe, were amazing.